Child Support & Emancipation Attorney in South Bend

Child Support Services For Clients In The Michiana Region And Throughout Northern Indiana

Emancipation refers to the time when a child becomes independent from the custodial parent for any of the following reasons:

  • Upon graduating from high school following his/her 18th birthday

  • Residing outside of the custodial parent's home

  • Gets married

Upon official emancipation, the noncustodial parent is relieved of all further child support obligations.

If you reside in northern Indiana and need legal help concerning child support collections, custody modifications or emancipation issues, call the office of Jay Lauer, Attorney at Law, in South Bend. Attorney Jay Lauer has been helping people resolve complex and emotional divorce, custody and child support issues for more than 25 years.

Make Sure You Take Care Of The Legal Details

Upon your child's emancipation, it is not enough to simply stop making support payments. You must receive official notification that your support judgment has been met. This requires an official petition through the court. We can help you with every step of the legal procedure, even if you no longer live in the Michiana region.

Child Support Collections Specialist

If you are the obligee of child support payments, you have the right to aggressively pursue the money you need for the health and welfare of your custodial child. Many custodial parents do not pursue collections actions until the amount owed becomes insurmountable. If you live in northern Indiana and are not receiving child support payments on a regular basis, talk to us immediately. We will work with the county officials and take immediate legal action to help you recover the support payments your child is entitled to.

Mishawaka Child Support Law Attorney

From offices in South Bend, Indiana, litigation lawyer Jay Lauer provides legal advice and representation for clients throughout the Michiana region. Call toll free (574) 208-6267 or contact our office by email to arrange a consultation with South Bend child support and emancipation attorney Jay Lauer today.