Child Custody & Modifications Attorney in South Bend

Child Support Modification Services For Clients In The Michiana Region

Indiana family law judges recognize that a child custody arrangement that works well for the parents and the child for a few years following the divorce may not be in the family's best interest as years go by. As children age, their needs change. Parents change jobs, move out of the community or find themselves in a new relationship. Sometimes, filing for a change of custody or a modification in the original parenting agreement is necessary.

Indiana Divorce and Family Law Specialist For More Than A Quarter Century

If you live in the Michiana region and have a child custody issue or must seek a modification to your original parenting arrangement, call the office of Jay Lauer, Attorney at Law, in South Bend, Indiana. Attorney Jay Lauer has more than 25 years of experience helping people resolve complex issues involving custody, parenting arrangements, child support and emancipation issues in courts throughout northern Indiana.

What Is Necessary To Qualify For a Post-Decree Modification Of Child Custody?

No matter what circumstances you bring to the court, arguing for a post-divorce modification of your original child custody arrangement, judges will always consider what is in the best interest of the child. You will be required to demonstrate a continuing and substantial change in circumstances that will have a direct impact on your ability to continue custody of your child under terms of the original decree, or will hinder your ability to meet your child support obligations. Above all, petitioners must demonstrate that the modification request — or denying the other petitioner's request — is in the best interests of the child.

Mishawaka Child Custody Modification Attorney · Divorce · Child Custody Issues

From offices in South Bend, Indiana, litigation lawyer Jay Lauer provides legal advice and representation for clients throughout the Michiana region. Call toll free (574) 208-6267 or contact our office by email to arrange a consultation with South Bend child custody attorney Jay Lauer today.